30 Super-Hot Ghana Braids to Copy and Try in 2021
The African protective style of Ghana braids is our favorite among women’s braided hairstyles. You’ll recognize them by their typically thicker appearance which often requires hair extensions to accomplish and the way they are braided straight back from the forehead.
What are Ghana braids? Ghana braids are protective braids that go straight back. They look like cornrows but are way thicker because of extensions.
Stylists also refer to Ghana braids as invisible cornrows, Cherokee braids, banana braids, and “straight backs.” The number of ways Ghana braids can be worn is what makes them a must-try.
Take note of the 30 best ways to wear modern Ghana braids!
1. Ghana Cornrows. Cornrow Ghana braids are a statement style when they’re thick like these. Braid in different directions for maximum impact.
2. Ghana Cornrows with Curls. Cornrows that mix with long curly hair are the glamorous hairstyle true it-girls are craving for. Hot, isn’t it?
3. Ghana Braided Bun. Any fancy event is a perfect occasion to flaunt this stunning and elegant low braided bun.
4. Zig-Zag Cornrows. The best Ghana hairstyles are the ones with details. Show off lengthy braids and add an edgy detail with zig-zag partings in-between the braids.
5. Ghana Braids to a High Pony. Tiny cornrows accentuate the thicker ones and lead to a high pony. Add a golden string and a couple of cuffs for drama!
6. Ghana Braids with Crochet Curls. Here’s a cute curly lob with Ghana African braids. The part distributes volume and creates flattering dimension.
7. Thick Ghana Braids with Cuffs. When you have super thick Ghana braids, one of the best ways to add a sparkle to them is with hair cuffs like these silver ones, for instance.
8. Knotless Ghana Braids. Most women would love these beautiful knotless Nigerian braids that look like dreads. A center part separates the eight thick braids creating a symmetrical style.
9. Ghana Braids, Cornrows, and a Braided Ponytail. These tiny and thicker Ghana cornrows curve in different directions and flow into a high ponytail.
10. Ghana Braids with Color. Love to wear your braids down and free-flowing? In 2021 Ghana braids can make a fierce statement with some blonde highlights and a side part.
11. Elegant Ghana Braids and Bun. Protect your precious locks by trying out one of the many elegant Ghana braids hairstyles, like this updo with thick cornrows and a braided bun.
12. Blonde Extended Stitch Braids. Using the stitch braid technique, you can rock any style of Ghana cornrows with confidence.
13. Ghana Stitch Braids and Curls. Instead of wearing all your hair in cornrow braids, try a style that features a braided top and loose, curly bottom.
14. Fancy Ghana Braids and Bun Updo. We’re big fans of this Ghana braids updo. It’s amazing that little details can make a big difference.
15. Long Ghanaian Cornrows with Curly Ends. Another beautiful way to wear your black hair down is these long Ghana cornrow braids with just enough curl at the ends.
16. Super-Chic Jumbo Ghana Braids. The bigger the better, especially when it comes to Ghana braids hairstyles. Use hair cuffs to dress up your statement braids.
17. Snaky Ghana Braids. Why wear Ghana braids that go straight back when you can add a fun wavy pattern to them?
18. Huge Side Low Bun Updo. Add harmless highlights with extensions to your natural hair and enjoy highlighted cornrows in different classy updos.
19. Ghana Lemonade Braids with Color. Since Beyonce has made her lemonade braids popular, the Ghana hairstyle gained new bright variations.
20. Up-Swept Ghana Braids Updo. Treat your natural hair to a regal high updo – thicken your Ghana braids with extensions and try this eye-catching multiple buns updo.
21. Intricate Ghana Braids with Hair Cuffs. The golden hair cuffs band a few Ghana cornrows together in the front for simple yet stylish detail.
22. Maroon Ghana Braids. To add flair to Ghana braids styles, add color! The muted maroon spices up the curvy braids.
23. Half Up Ghana Braids and Perfect Curls. Instead of braiding your whole head, make short Ghana cornrows and leave the rest of the hair curly.
24. High Thick Feed-In Ponytail. Ghana weaving in the shape of feed-in ponytail braids is the perfect way to get the length you love.
25. Loopy Ghana Cornrows. The current Ghana weaving hairstyles amaze us with their creative patterns. This one intertwines cornrows before gathering them in a low ponytail.
26. Fashionable Ghana Braid Ponytail. Another stitch braid style that guarantees a fashion statement is this thick ponytail braid with a cute braided detail on one side.
27. Mohawk Updo with Ghana Cornrows. Ghana weaving styles are the best way to mix thick and thin braids with unbraided sections. This beautiful Ghana and tribal Fulani braids updo also uses colorful accessories for a personal touch.
28. Crossed Ghana Braids to the Back. All back braids are the sleek, smooth style you need in your life. Style those baby hairs around the face for added softness.
29. Ghana Braids into a High Oversize Bun. If high hair is your thing, these X Ghana braids are a must try for a quick, gorgeous style.
30. All Back Shiny Ghana Braids. You can wear all back braids in any color, size, and length. These Ghana braids are all the same size making for a classy and comfortable style.
These Ghana braids styles are packed with punch and perks of protective hairstyles. Try one of them and we know you’ll love the way you look!