30 Camouflaging Hairstyles for Greasy Hair That Hide Oily Roots
Unlike what you might initially think, there are actually many hairstyles for greasy hair you can choose from. You can also try to find out how to get rid of greasy hair, but in the meantime, take full advantage of it!
Check the list below to get inspiration from the most creative hairdo ideas for greasy hair.
1. The Perfect Bun. What to do with greasy hair? The simplest solution is to turn it into the perfect bun! The grease will even out your hair and neatly tuck any flyaways!
2. Double-Bubble Ponytail. An easy fix for unwashed hair is to do a simple bubble ponytail. Feel free to create as many sections as you want.
3. Lovely Dutch Braids. This look doesn’t seem like it’s one of the hairstyles for dirty hair. However, these adorable thick braids are ideal for concealing the grease!
4. The Messy Clip. How to make your hair less greasy without complicated braids? Just make a messy French knot and clip it with a trendy accessory!
5. Wrapped Afro Puff for Greasy Curly Hair. Looking for some cute hairstyles for greasy hair? Master the headwrap style of the popular afro puff! Show off your curls and let your hair do the talking.
6. Multiple Braids. For the hair that gets greasy so fast, create multiple cornrows. They are best for super greasy hair and look incredibly stylish.
7. Super Messy Bun. Avoid complicated hairstyles to hide greasy roots and try a simple messy bun to look casual and save some time on preparation! Use dry shampoo if needed or wash just the bangs to make your hair look fresher.
8. Two Chunky Twist Braids. Hairstyles for oily hair often entail lovely French braids. No wonder why. Oily hair helps in stylishly tucking your hair strands away, making them look polished!
9. Cute Half Up Ponytail. To keep your hair from getting greasy, you can just put the top section in a sweet high ponytail. Dry shampoo or its alternatives will let the rest of the hair look less greasy.
10. Simple Messy Ponytail. You don’t need a ton of tricky ways to learn how to style greasy hair. Especially if you have thin oily hair, you can just put it in a loose, relaxed ponytail. Be sure to tease the hair a bit and add a big trendy scrunchie.
11. Messy Side Braid with a Scarf. Long greasy hair can be accessorized with scarves and put in braids. We are getting strong D&G vibes!
12. Messy Half Updo with a Retro Vibe. Looking for ways to fix greasy hair fast? Prepare natural homemade dry shampoo and then just gather your hair in a messy bouffant half updo like in this picture!
13. Loose Low Fishtail Braid. Let your hair free and get rid of greasy hair without washing it – try some dry shampoo and a loose fishtail braid. A perfect idea for the second-, third-day hair.
14. Thick Braided Crown. This hairstyle is not only for hiding dirty hair. It also adds volume for thin greasy hair while looking festive and chill.
15. Two Fishtail Braids. Getting ready for a long trip? If your hair gets greasy after one day, you can section it and do two braids to keep it away from getting messy.
16. Low Pigtail Buns. Know how to hide greasy hair with simple buns. Such ‘pigtails’ also keep your look fresh and charming!
17. Side Double Messy Braid. Are you in a romantic mood? You can try baking soda or dry shampoo to get rid of greasy hair fast, but you can also just put it in an elegant double braid.
18. Braided Bun Hairstyle. Hide dirty greasy hair and create a sophisticated hairstyle by combining French and Fishtail braids in a classy bun updo.
19. Messy Twisted Low Bun. Another variation of the bun that works for all hair types, including greasy curly hair. It’s romantic and chic!
20. Hair Hoop and Hollywood Waves. To deal with oily hair while still feeling like the main lady of a movie set, try some Hollywood waves with curl hold spray, accompanied with a headband.
21. Messy Twist Braid and Pony. Fix the hair that gets greasy overnight with some messy braid and ponytail styling. Accessories are always welcome!
22. Bantu or Zulu Knots. These knots are from the Zulu people of southern Africa. It is a hairstyle that sections the hair and keeps it neatly tucked away. Perfect!
23. Waves and a Clip. One of the simplest ways to fix greasy hair is to put the top section of your hair up with a claw clip. Create waves for more volume.
24. Chignon Bun for Greasy Locks. Be elegant and classy and achieve this bun even without dry shampoo. Just wrap cheesecloth around your brush and brush your hair as you normally do before styling it. This natural look is a sure stunner!
25. Two Twist Braids Updo. Showcase your free and easy-going personality with loose twist braids knotted at the ends. It’s crazy how long this updo can last looking fresh!
26. Loose Curls with a Headband Braid. Deal with oily curly hair properly by leaving your curls loose. Add a braid on top as a stylish detail.
27. Simple Waves and Hair Clips. If you find yourself lacking time but still need to style dirty hair, use some hair clips to be ready in a couple of minutes. Blotting papers will help to remove excess oil before styling.
28. Braided Scarf Bun. Take your bun game to the next level with some colorful scarves. No one will notice hair grease with such an accessory!
29. Sleek Straight Ponytail. Be edgy while hiding your oily roots with a gorgeously sleek and straight ponytail. Wet hair looks are still trendy in 2022!
30. Viking-Inspired Hairstyle for Greasy Hair. Tease and comb your greasy bangs back, then style the rest of the hair to create a mind-blowing Viking-inspired hairstyle. The macramé braids and swirled-up half-up bun look very inspiring. Pair with statement earrings.
And there you have it! The good news? There are more hairstyles for hiding greasy hair than you have always been thinking! You just have to pick the ones that work best for you. No more worries about greasy hair! Get inventive and come up with your own hairdo idea or choose from the classy hairstyles for greasy hair listed above.