30 Freshest Androgynous and Non-Binary Haircuts to Unleash Your Authentic Self
Actually, non-binary haircuts are not about gender — they are just a way to convey our sense of self and embrace our Yang and Yin duality. They blur the line between the feminine and masculine and allow for sporting bold looks going outside the choice dictated by heteronormative codes.
We can mix and match bobs and pixies with buzz cuts and Mohawks endlessly to arrive at unique styles that highlight certain traits of various personalities. Scroll through our fresh collection of masculine haircuts for females/feminine haircuts for men to find a bombshell idea for your next chop!
1. Trendy Mullet with Piece-y Finish. An updated mullet should be your No. 1 choice among androgynous haircuts since retro styles, particularly shags, are seriously trending right now.
2. Designer Undercut with Layered Top. This cut borrows a little something from several androgynous hairstyles, such as bowl cut and pixie, to deliver texture and volume coupled with an edgy feel.
3. One-Length Flamingo Buzz Cut. If you are looking for non-binary hairstyles that can help you truly stand out, this style combines a hardcore color and a clean shape to hit the goal.
4. Cute Wolf Cut with Micro Bangs. A short wolf cut is a nice option for thick hair since its length and heavy layers remove bulk and release both texture and dimension.
5. Swept-Back Androgynous Hair. Basically, it can be a shoulder-length cut with long bangs and a few layers or a shorter version with an undercut as you see in this picture. Such haircuts can be styled in many ways, including pulling the hair to the back or one side.
6. Curly Mohawk with Sleek Sides. This is how you can adapt genderfluid haircuts to your cultural authenticity, retaining some of your kinky hair not only on the top but also throughout the bottom.
7. Messy Bixie with a Jagged Fringe. This nonbinary hair is shaped and layered to pair the fullness of a pixie with the length of a bob for versatile styling.
8. High-Contrast Androgynous Look. Such a stunning color combination can turn any cut into a statement, but it also accentuates texture and adds depth to fine straight tresses.
9. Mullet with Shaved Sides. As androgynous haircuts for round faces should have plenty of volume at the crown while keeping the sides close, this style obviously nails it.
10. Long Top Clipped Bottom Pixie. Don’t you love low-maintenance androgynous haircuts where the back and sides are cropped very short while the long crown tresses can be left tousled?
11. Straight Two-Tone Chop. Unlike many other genderfluid hairstyles in our collection, this long pixie relies on a clear-cut shape and a striking color accent rather than texture or dimension.
12. Edgy Shag with Full Bangs. This style will be a nice pick for thin hair, as it creates fullness in the front with the help of a deep point-cut fringe and forward-swept top pieces.
13. Soft Pixie Cut with Irregular Baby Bangs. We like how this charming crop hugs the face without making it chubby, thanks to the angles galore all along the hairline.
14. Stacked Bob with Undercut. This is another example of androgynous haircuts for chubby faces with a well-lifted crown and elongating face-framing tresses.
15. Punk Hair with Fun Sideburns. Even such a tiny detail as the design of sideburns can be used to customize unisex haircuts to your facial features and personality.
16. Short Hair with Choppy Face Framing. This style stands out with its unexpectedly long and spiky side tresses, which create an interesting contrast with micro bangs.
17. Modern Pompadour with Buzz-Cut Sides. There is a myriad of ways to style a pompadour, and this slicked-back version with a soft side part would work best for fine hair.
18. Pin-Straight A-Line Bob. Although bobs as unisex hairstyles often come in wavy or layered versions, a polished blunt cut with a middle part is really timeless and universal.
19. Front-Flipped and Textured Undercut. This crop looks absolutely cool and boyish with the front pieces pushed upward using a bit of styling gel and blow-drying.
20. Wispy Bob with Ashy Highlights. Don’t forget about a play of shades in gender-neutral hairstyles, and take the cue from this inverted bob emphasizing the wispiness through the dreamy color.
21. Stunningly Bright Blonde Buzz Cut. Super short androgynous haircuts are extremely popular, as they work with any hair texture and direct attention to facial features.
22. Disheveled Mushroom Hairstyle. Being highly diverse in styling, this Korean take on the mushroom cut has long spread beyond the country of origin and captivated both sexes.
23. Choppy Pixie with Undercut. While other androgynous haircuts for straight hair may lack bounce, this well-defined cut with chunky tresses has both springiness and texture.
24. Long Bumpy Pixie Cut. Retaining the short layers of a pixie around the crown, this style hits the cheekbones with side tresses going far beyond the usual.
25. Upgraded Bowl Cut with Contouring. If you happen to take no notice of this killer color edging while admiring the spiky finish, we are here to help you to embrace all the details.
26. Curly Gender-Neutral Hairstyle. If you want to rock curly bob-length enby haircuts like this one, you will need to get your waves properly layered and defined to beautifully fall into place.
27. Asymmetrical Crop for Wavy Hair. Asymmetry always looks sassy, but this style also adds contrasting textures to the funky formula.
28. Dramatic Bowl-Cut Mullet. This bold cut places the face in the spotlight and balances the blunt line in the front with spikes on the top and, you know, party in the back.
29. Tomboy Fade Haircut with a Twist. Here, the undercut gives a nice lift to the thin tresses which are long enough to experiment with a top knot or a short pony.
30. Shaggy Lob with Side Parting. Include this banged lob into your selection of medium androgynous haircuts for its effortless look and great versatility.
The diversity of modern gender-neutral haircuts gives us plenty of space for creativity and self-expression. But the main goal is to adapt a hairstyle to your personality, not to mention your bone structure and hair texture. Make sure you feel comfortable with the chosen cut and rock it proudly regardless of gender!