30 Cool Asymmetrical Haircuts for Every Face Shape, Hair Length, and Hair Type
What asymmetrical haircuts are the hottest in 2021? What face shape are they best for? Check out the fullest guide on the asymmetrical hair women are wearing this season.
We aren’t talking about math when we describe a haircut as asymmetrical. We just mean that one side of your hair is longer than the other. An awesome thing about asymmetrical haircuts is that they’re for both long and short hair, and they work for all face shapes, even for full or somewhat disproportionate faces. They’re also great for adding an instant spark to your style.
Take a look at our 30 favorite ways to wear an asymmetrical haircut!
1. Uneven Bob with Balayage. Asymmetrical haircut styles featuring highlighted waves, like this asymmetrical bob, give your look softness and bring brightness to your face. Plus, they hide big foreheads.
2. Short Asymmetrical Haircut. If your hair has a lot of volume but you want to go short, try a heavy side part to emphasize your hair’s thickness.
3. Long Asymmetrical Cut with Color. Long asymmetrical haircuts carry color well, and this pastel pink shows off the unique cut beautifully.
4. Asymmetry with Caramel Highlights. The mom bob is no longer outdated when you upgrade to an asymmetrical neck-length bob! We love the caramel blonde pieces woven into her brown hair. Looks lovely!
5. Asymmetrical Pixie Bob with Waves. Get a luscious, touchable asymmetric haircut by going pixie-short and adding in lots of waves for texture. Or leaving your natural curls almost intact.
6. Straight Asymmetrical Cut. For thin or small faces, one of the best asymmetrical hairstyles you can opt for is a sleek and straight bob. A good ol’ classic.
7. Textured Asymmetrical Pixie. Pack your personality into funky short asymmetrical haircuts that feature texture everywhere.
8. Voluminous and Sexy Messy Asymmetry. Women always try to find ways to make their look captivating – well, with the crazy volume on a blonde asymmetrical bob, you’ve got it!
9. Summery Short Asymmetrical Pixie Bob. When the warmer season comes around, give your locks a big chop and level up to a soft wavy asymmetric cut.
10. Blonde Asymmetrical Lob. Can’t decide between short and long? Go for medium-length asymmetrical haircuts in shades of blonde. Shadow the roots for extra dimension.
11. Pixie with Asymmetrical Bangs. Adding asymmetrical bangs to a short haircut is a cute way to draw attention to the eyes and balance out the face shape.
12. Side-Parted Hair with Waves. Use a bit of hair product to scrunch some waves and dress up your bob. Short asymmetrical haircuts beg for easy style.
13. Colorful Asymmetrical Pixie. Make your asymmetrical pixie stand out with two complementing colors, like these metallic purple and metallic blue shades.
14. Angled Straight Cut. Medium-length asymmetrical haircuts look best on perfectly straight locks. Add shine to your hair with a small amount of serum.
15. Asymmetrical Bob with Face-Framing Highlights. The asymmetrical bob features blonde money pieces – a perfect look for women of all ages!
16. Piece-y Patchy Pixie. Ask your stylist to do an asymmetric cut with piece-y layers for instant texture. Frosted tips or short hair balayage highlights are a must for this look.
17. Long Layered Pixie. The messy layers of this super cute asymmetrical pixie give it all the texture you could want! Create some soft waves and tuck one side behind the ear for the most feminine hairstyle ever seen.
18. Straight Comb-Over Hairstyle. A comb-over and straight locks are all you need for an instantly sophisticated asymmetric hair cut.
19. Curly Asymmetrical Pixie. The asymmetrical curly hair gets an edge from the undercut side. The curls and shortness combine for an amazing style.
20. Asymmetrical Side Bangs. This blonde asymmetrical cut with bangs pulls all the length to the front and across the forehead for a flattering dimension.
21. Asymmetrical Stacked Bob. For thick and fine hair, a stacked asymmetric cut is a great solution to enhance and distribute the volume of your hair properly.
22. Feathered Pixie Bob. Kelly Osborne herself would be proud to wear this hip, edgy asymmetrical pixie! The spiky pieces on the crown help with texture.
23. Extra Long Asymmetrical Fringe. Asymmetrical bangs can be hard to figure out how to style, but this cool cut simply requires combing all the hair forward and to the side.
24. Wavy Asymmetric Short Hair. Combine light blonde streaks in the front and a dark brown base shade with waves and a short asymmetrical haircut to get the true money piece look.
25. Pixie ‘Updo’ Imitation. By using a product to emphasize the texture of your asymmetrical pixie with a side undercut, you can make your look truly elegant on that special day.
26. Asymmetric Mohawk Curls. Women with naturally curly hair take note: get phenomenal volume on asymmetrical curly hair by using large rollers. Small finger waves on the side ensure this look isn’t short on detail.
27. Long Asymmetric A-Line Cut. Keep the length you love by choosing an appealing option between long asymmetrical haircuts. This no-bangs style is perfect for daily wear to the office.
28. Sassy Blonde Pixie. Older women can still sport their sass – just try on a blonde asymmetrical pixie. Plan regular trims to keep this haircut in shape and invest in a good hairstyling product.
29. Chic Soft Retro Asymmetry. Just look at this beautiful black asymmetrical bob! We love this long elegant curl on one side.
30. Asymmetrical Jagged Bob. Your fine hair is a perfect match for an asymmetrical bob with bangs. Mix shadow roots with blonde highlights for the perfect look.
As you can see, there’s no shortage of unique, edgy, and just plain beautiful ways to wear asymmetrical hairstyles. Whether your hair is short or has a little more length, a simple change in the way you have it cut can do wonders for your overall look. Which one will you try?