50 Best Short Haircuts and Hairstyles for Fine Hair
Women sometimes think that if they don’t have thick, Pocahontas-like locks, they’ve got the short end of the stick. Let’s dispel this myth once and for all! Fine hair has an enviable soft and silky texture that is much easier to style and keep healthy. And there are countless trendy short hairstyles for fine hair that can easily build stunning volume on anyone with this type of hair.
In this post, we will show you just how easy it is to create a sexy, trendy, voluminous look on short fine hair, so that you can finally consider yourself very lucky!
When looking for the right way to style your fine, short hair for an added volume boost, think about things like your hair type (i.e., straight, wavy, curly, coily, etc.), your face shape, how much time you want to dedicate to styling your hair every day.
Generally, short hairstyles for fine hair will be easier to style than long hairstyles for thick hair, but there are variations between the styles. From layered bobs to playful curls, there are tons of ways to achieve bigger, more voluminous looks and generate an illusion of fullness.
So, without further ado, here are 50 awesome short hairstyles for fine hair that will make your hair look absolutely stunning!
1. Gray Smooth, Seamless Layers. If you have naturally straight, short to medium hair, this hairstyle is an ideal choice. It’s silky, soft, and creates an effect of subtle fullness.
2. Lilac Pearl Pixie. Short hair can be so intriguing! Don’t be afraid to experiment with colors and textures. We’re in love with this slightly funky hairstyle with bangs.
3. Edgy Pixie Cut. Not a fan of the ‘good girl’ look? Give this edgy pixie cut with a fringe a go. The style is not for the faint-hearted, but that’s why we adore it!
4. Sassy Undercut Pixie. Nothing beats a stylish and sassy long pixie cut! Confidence is the main ingredient you’ll need to rock this super trendy, bold haircut.
5. Loose Beach Waves. Want to create fullness without using too many products? Loose beach waves work like a charm, particularly on a short layered bob. You’ll also love this hairstyle if you have naturally curly fine hair – it’ll be super easy to style!
6. Shaggy Bob Cut. Creating thicker looking hair is so easy with a shaggy bob hairstyle! It’s flattering for all ages and quick to style because all the hard work is done at the salon.
7. Asymmetrical Pixie Cut. A playful style for those who want to stand out! Dark roots create a bold accent, and you won’t need to go for touch-ups very often. Overgrown roots are very in right now!
8. Wispy Pixie Cut. Isn’t this layered hairstyle incredibly cute? Pair it with glasses for an urban/ nerdy look we just can’t get enough of!
9. Pixie with Nape Undercut. If you have fine dark hair, jazz it up with some blonde highlights to add dimension and make it look fuller.
10. Classy Temple Undercut. If your hair is fine, sleek and straight, this classy undercut hairstyle will be right up your street!
11. Shaggy Layered Bob. Beautiful silver hair and a shaggy, layered bob – what’s not to love? It’s modern, stylish, and ideal for any age.
12. Blunt Bob. Layering isn’t everything. Sometimes adding blunt edges to layered lengths is even more flattering for fine hair! Ask your stylist for advice.
13. Playful Pixie Undercut. If you’re looking for a fun, head-turning hairstyle, opt for this tapered pixie cut. Whether you have fine white hair or darker locks – it is bound to receive attention!
14. Long Pixie with Bangs. The long pixie cut with bangs is at the top of current hair trends right now!
15. Smooth Graduated Bob. This glamorous graduated bob is a great volume-boosting hairstyle for straight, fine hair.
16. Short Layered Bob with Nape Design. The bob is a universally flattering haircut. Add a cool undercut detail to your short layered bob, and you’ll win points for originality!
17. Poker-Straight Razored Cut. This is a super charming hairstyle for ladies with straight hair that’ll add plenty of volume to fine locks!
18. White Blonde Medium Bob. For fine hair that isn’t very short, a tousled, feathered bob will do wonders in generating volume!
19. Short Blunt Blonde Bob. Elegant, modern, and flattering – this blunt blonde bob gets top scores!
20. Messy Textured Pixie. A slightly different take on the pixie cut – and we love it!
21. Silky Stacked Bob. A stacked bob is another volume-boosting option for fine locks!
22. Super Short Pixie. Looking for a short, low maintenance hairstyle? This one’s for you, then, and it’s super lovely!
23. Asymmetrical Pixie. A “tamed” version of the asymmetrical pixie. Use a smoothing serum to achieve the look.
24. Shaggy Graduated Bob. If your fine hair is a little undecided and stands somewhere between straight and wavy – this shaggy bob cut will be just the style for achieving a fuller look.
25. Graduated Bob + Side Part. Shaggy isn’t for everyone – others prefer smoother textured looks. If that’s you, then you’ll love this graduated bob with a side parting.
26. Icy, Long Pixie Cut. We love this icy shade – so trendy!
27. Razor Cut Icy Pixie. Another example of a super-hot, icy shade! Razor cutting achieves a discreet, wispy cut.
28. Shaved Shaggy Bob. Want to make your shaggy bob stand out? Add a shaved detail! This cut is ideal for fine curly hair that’s a bit unruly.
29. Short and Spiky Pixie. If you’re not afraid of going very short, this spiky cut could be your next hairstyle! The spikes work like magic in achieving more volume – and create a playful, totally on-trend look.
30. Layered, Tousled Bob. Listen up, gals with fine curly hair! A layered, tousled bob is a classic style that never fails to add volume. The best thing? It suits all face shapes, from oval to heart faces.
31. Short Bob with Shaved Sideburns. If you have naturally fine hair, a short bob will give it more ‘oomph!’. Opt for an undercut to make the style edgier.
32. Feathered A-Line Bob. Ever heard of feathering? It is a hair cutting technique that focuses on the ends and creates a feather effect. Ideal for achieving a chic hairstyle like this one.
33. Volume-Boosting Tousled Bob. Is your fine hair naturally wavy? Lucky you! Tousled curls and waves are perfect for adding volume.
34. Textured Pixie. Inject some texture and movement into your fine brown hair by styling individual pieces with a product (like hair wax or pomade).
35. Angled Pixie Cut. This angled pixie haircut is great for those with a long face, because the longer slanted fringe gives it a nice contour. Add foil highlights to dark hair for a playful accent.
36. Layered Bob for Wavy Hair. Got baby fine hair? This layered and tousled bob will make it look fuller.
37. Fall-Inspired Bob. Get inspired by the fall palette outside and opt for a bold, striking red color. You can use a round brush and a hairdryer to give your hair a blowout (the secret to voluminous locks!).
38. Wispy Layered Short Pixie. Layers are a girl’s best friend! Not a fan of choppy, bold layering? Go for soft, wispy layers to create a gradual change in the length and a softer, smoother look.
39. Luscious Graduated Bob. If you have mid-neck length hair that’s smooth, this luscious bob may be just the cut for you.
40. Wispy Layers. Wispy layers will add volume and shape to most hairstyles. This length is particularly easy to manage if you have wavy hair. Don’t go for layers that are very short – it could take a while to style.
41. Textured Icy Blonde. Inspired by punk vibes, this trendy icy hair color is the next big thing!
42. Fabulous Chin-Length Bob. Another fabulous metallic blonde color – this time on a smooth, chin-length bob. If you have a round face, this is a hairstyle for you.
43. Subtle A-Line Cut. The layered and stacked at the back cut is easy to style, and it’s very convenient for women with short, straight hair!
44. Effortless Pixie Cut with Short Bangs. Are you looking to cut down your styling time? Go for this short pixie cut with cropped bangs. It’s a little messy, subtle and just the right amount of edgy.
45. Choppy, Stacked Bob. In case you are ready for a bold cut that’s a little more modern and defined, this choppy, stacked bob is an option worth considering. Sharp and uneven, it creates a cool, edgy look. Style it with some wax or pomade – and you’re good to roll!
46. Short Wedge Haircut. Not too formal, and not too messy – that’s how we’d define this short wedge haircut. It’s also relatively easy to style, which is always a bonus!
47. Long Sliced Pixie. The slightly outgrown finely chopped pixie is the look from the top of our list!
48. Long Pixie Cut. A long pixie cut can look very sophisticated. Wispy layering makes the hairstyle appear softer, while the razored layers at the crown are perfect for creating height and adding volume.
49. Alluring Pastel Pink Bob. Dyeing hair pink is a bold decision, yet, most of us have probably thought about it because it just looks so damn good! The color is flattering for most skin tones – and the subtly graduated bob easily builds body.
50. Tomboy Hairstyle. The appeal of a tomboy hairstyle is obvious – not only is it easy to maintain but it also looks beyond cool! We love these feminine + tomboy vibes that work in perfect harmony.
We hope this list of ultimate short hairstyles for fine hair has left you feeling inspired and thrilled that you have fine locks. Plus, now you’ve got plenty of images to show to your stylist on the next appointment!
Put an end to limp hair with these hairstyles that work efficiently in adding life to flat tresses. These hairstyles create the illusion of thickness, so that you don’t have to worry about your hair looking flat or lifeless ever again!