30 Micro Braids Hairstyles for a Picture-Perfect Graceful Look
Micro braids, a timeless and versatile hairstyle, involve intricate weaving of tiny, thin braids into your natural hair. With origins that can be traced back to various African cultures, these braids have gained global popularity for their elegant look and low-maintenance appeal.
Unlock the secrets of stunning hair transformations through the 30 diverse micro braids hairstyles showcased in our comprehensive article and then share your thoughts in the comments below.
What Are Micro Braids?
Micro braids are small and thin braids created according to special African hair braiding techniques. These braids are usually made on natural hair, and as the name implies are typically slenderer than regular braids. Micro braids hairstyles are protective and versatile as well and include box braids, knotless braids, scalp braids (including cornrows), twists, feed-in braids, etc.
How to Do Micro Braids?
Micro braids are made by parting your natural hair into tiny sections and weaving extensions into single braids or cornrows, depending on the style. It’s common to add synthetic braiding hair to your natural hair when installing micro braids to give the braids more body, color, and/or length.
It’s important to note that the best hair for micro braids is natural hair that is neither too thin nor damaged. Make sure your hair strands are thick enough to handle micro braiding. Deep-conditioning your hair before installing micro braids helps to minimize hair damage.
How Long Do Micro Braids Take?
You guessed right. Due to how tiny the braids are, installing micro braids takes time but the result is worth it. Depending on the hairstyle, your hairstylist may take up to 3-12 hours to finish braiding your micro braids hairstyle.
How Long Do Micro Braids Last?
Your micro braids hairstyle can last for as long as 8-10 weeks, depending on the style and how well you maintain your hair. However, you should take the braids out after 8 weeks to avoid damaging your natural hair.
30 Beautiful Styles for Micro Braids
Micro braids hairstyles are very versatile, you can take this to the bank. Likewise, the styling options for each of the styles are numerous. We’ve curated 30 alluringly cute and captivating images of micro braids to help you slay like the true queen that you are.
1. Invisible Micro Braids. With this style of natural hair micro braids, you’ll spend less time getting your hair done since only the roots get braided. Invisible micro braids look their best when the synthetic hair is in a shade close to your natural hair color. Invisible braids do present a wide range of styling options to choose from. You can even style it to look like you’ve permed your natural hair.
2. Micro Cornrows with Ponytail. One of the fanciest, low-maintenance micro braids hairstyles for black queens. This style is for you if you’re always on the move and need a super-chic, no-fuss protective hairstyle to carry you through your busy schedule.
3. Micro Braids with Color. A hint of color in your micro braids could be the dividing line between fad and fabulous. Don’t just hop on this trending hairstyle, give your braids a touch of your favorite color to stand out from the crowd.
4. Blonde Micro Braids. The cutesy and elegant vibes of these scalp braids with blonde extensions are mind-blowing. This style sweeps your hair back in a protective hold and brings your beautiful face into full focus.
5. Micro Braids Half Updo. Step up your beauty game with gorgeous micro braids styles like this. The color of her braids, the cute top knot, and the intricate design on her scalp testify she’s a real queen.
6. Long Micro Braids. Whatever your style preference, styles for micro braids are as versatile as your imagination can carry you. Here’s a statement style for lovers of trendy and glam. Layers, length, and curls are literally killing it here.
7. Micro Knotless Braids. If knotless braids were a makeup style, it would be the nude, no-makeup makeup style. Effortlessly chic and super-pretty, this hairstyle is cool in a simple and elegant fashion.
8. Micro Box Braids. Slay like it’s no man’s business with micro braids on natural hair. Shorter-length box braids terminating in tight spiral curls deliver a super-chic, girlie look.
9. Blonde Knotless Micro Braids. Adding color to your single braids makes them more interesting and stylish. Blonde synthetic hair on a dark base creates a highlighted effect that is pleasing to the eyes.
10. Micro Braids Half Up-Half Down Style. Micro mini braids take time to install. After you’ve patiently sat for hours to get your braids done, you deserve to rock your precious hairstyle in all the different styles you can imagine. A half up half down hairdo is a fantastic styling option.
11. Micro Braids Curly Hair. Curly tresses shooting out from straight braids add a fashionable twist to classic braids hairstyles. The sheer length of these long micro braids is a scintillating feature. Topped with the designs on her scalp, we have an astonishingly beautiful micro braids hairstyle.
12. Short Micro Braids. You can’t count one, two, three protective hairstyles for black women without mentioning the simple and chic cornrows. An elegant hairstyle to wear for any occasion. You can make these cornrow micro braids with natural hair without attaching any synthetic pieces.
13. Micro Braids with Ombre and Curly Ends. An ombre touch of auburn or blonde color at the ends of dark-colored single micro braids electrifies your whole hair. If those ombre ends are wavy or curly, girl your hairstyle will look drop-dead gorgeous.
14. Micro Braids in a Messy Bun. These curls are poppin’. Arrange your micro braids with curls into an alluring updo like in this picture. The elegant braided updo is perfect for a wedding weekend, a prom night, or even formal outings.
15. Tribal Micro Braids. Also known as Fulani braids, this style of micro braids has girly, African maiden vibes. Decorate with beads, coins, and cowries to nail the style completely. We love the Cleopatra flair of this tribal braids hairstyle.
16. Short Hair Micro Braids. To take your micro braids hairstyle to the next level of gorgeousness, use synthetic hair in a vivid shade of red to plait your hair. Style the braids into an angled bob to lend a sophisticated finish to the colored micro braids.
17. Micro Cornrow Braids. A simple, chic, and graceful braids hairstyle you can wear anywhere is micro cornrows braids. You don’t need to overthink the styling as the beauty is in its simplicity. Just get those ultra-slim rows of braids right, and you’re good to go.
18. Micro Braids and Waves. This is gorgeousness overloaded. Another thing to love about micro braids is how they always look beautiful whichever way you style them. Drop your braids down, pack them up, part to any side you like, your hair will look very good.
19. Micro Braids Bun Hairstyle. Micro braids yield the best updos. A braided bun stays put for long and won’t unravel easily. You may not even need to secure your bun with any clasps or hairpins. Just wind your braids round and round and tuck the end in place firmly. It looks very cute and glamorous too.
20. Straight Micro Box Braids. A squeaky clean scalp, precise patterns, and perfect sectioning of each pencil-like braid are some features that instantly endear micro box braids hairstyles to everyone’s heart. Little wonder the style is always in vogue year in, year out.
21. Micro Braids and High Ponytail. Accompany your scalp braids with a high curly ponytail for a classy, glamorous look. As usual, blonde synthetic hair adds the most delightful effect to micro braids hairstyles.
22. Freestyle Micro Braids. And in case you’ve fallen so much in love with all the different micro braids styles and don’t want to pick one and leave the other, there’s a style inspo for you. Recreate this creative medley of cornrows, single braids, curls, and braids. We love the boho-chic vibes.
23. Micro Braids with Large Curls. Creativity is the rule of the game. Think outside the box and dial up your hair game with a tweak here and a twist there. Lots of curls and a quirky, unusual layering make this style unique and interesting.
24. Boho Micro Box Braids. A bombshell hairstyle with serious romantic vibes. Bohemian micro braids are remarkable for their mix of sexy curls and straight single braids. If you don’t have time to sit for hours at your hair stylist, micro braids crochet hair can come to your rescue. These braids look just as good.
25. Straight Knotless Braids. This regal-looking hair is among the trendiest micro braids 2023, and it’s obviously not leaving the center stage anytime soon. With nothing like color or curls, these knotless micro braids look flawlessly beautiful and classy.
26. Micro Braids with Curly Ends. A fabulous hairstyle for a fashionista. The curl-frenzy going on here is amazeballs. Her hair is gorgeous, with a good dose of edgy and sass added to it. Long micro braids are really cool, and with added curls, they become ultra-cool.
27. Medium-Length Box Braids. Sleek and chic box braids for black women who love cute hairstyles. These braids are just the right length for those who would love to style their micro braids in various ways but don’t want very long braids either. Remember to choose quality synthetic hair for micro braids so that the end look of your hairstyle will be worth the stress.
28. Micro Braids in a Loose High Bun. Slay like a queen all week; from the office to the weekend get-together. Style your micro braids into a flamboyantly-elegant loose bun like this, and all eyes are surely going to be glued to your hair all day.
29. Mixed Colors for Knotless Braids. Right and tight micro braids hairstyles are making waves all over the cyberspace. Your hair shouldn’t be left out. Tweak your braids’ color, length, and style to give them a trendy flair.
30. Black and Blonde Curly Micro Braids. Hair for a real queen. Infusing different colors to your micro braids with human hair lends your hairstyle a unique, fashionable twist. Spread out your braids in front of you to wear your hair like a true fashionista.
There you have it. Now you know all there’s to know about micro braids hairstyles. Make your choice and don’t forget to share the micro braid pictures you like with your hairstylist for easy guidance.