50 Super-Flattering Short Haircuts for Thick Hair
Have you been blessed with naturally thick hair? Then you possess one of the most enviable hair types. You’ll never have to deal with flat, limp hair or worry about making your hair look fuller. Lucky! That said, heavy hair can be a struggle. Long, thick hair takes forever to style and requires countless products just to make it brushable! That’s where short hairstyles for thick hair come in. They’re sophisticated, stylish – and so much easier to manage! Plus, with options to suit all face shapes and hair types, you’ll be spoilt for choice.
Check out these 50 super chic short hairstyles for thick hair that are guaranteed to inspire your new hairdo!
1. Trendy Fohawk. The ultimate hairstyle for thick straight hair, this trendy fohawk is a show-stopper – and we love it!
2. Short Bob with a Heavy Fringe. The simple and feminine look is easy to style, and it’s ideal for those with naturally straight locks.
3. Chic Short Angled Bob. A super trendy hairstyle for thick-haired beauties. The side-swept bangs make this hairstyle particularly suitable for round faces.
4. Beautiful Balayage. What a wonderful hairstyle for thick curly hair! We love the subtle balayage and the playful side-swept bangs.
5. Textured Short Bob. For women with thick hair that’s naturally wavy, this slightly messy look will do wonders. It’s also fairly easy to manage – all you need is a drop of pomade to add texture.
6. Sassy Red Pixie. Isn’t this pixie cut amazing? The color is simply stunning – and the cut achieves a playful, yet sophisticated effect.
7. Layered Bob. Adding choppy layers can be a great way to make thick hair less heavy. Just make sure the layers are done with your hair type and face shape in mind – not all layered cuts will be flattering for everyone.
8. Short Bob and Balayage. An absolute classic, the short bob never goes out of style. It’s modern, edgy – yet so simple!
9. Shaggy Pixie. If you’ve decided to cut your thick hair super short, your best bet is going for a cool pixie cut. This shaggy version is a breeze to style, and it’s a popular choice for women looking to opt for a more manageable haircut.
10. Choppy Pixie Cut. This is an edgier version of a pixie – and it looks adorable! We’re huge fans of the well-blended blonde highlights.
11. Stacked Bob for Thick Hair. Whether your hair is wavy or straight, the stacked bob is one of the best options for thick hair. Want an insider tip? Side-swept bangs make it a great match if you have a heart shaped face.
12. Long, Layered Pixie. Do you find it hard to find a flattering short hairstyle for a long face? Pixies are the way to go! We absolutely love this long pixie with layers – as well as its smoky brown hair color.
13. Playful Pink Tones. Pink hair is one of the latest trends in the hairstyles world – and we think it looks fantastic on short, thick hair.
14. Mushroom Brown Bob. Another hot color trend is mushroom brown hair. The highlights do wonders in adding dimension, and intrigue to the hairstyle.
15. Thick Short Bob with Bangs. Isn’t this color breath-taking? We adore the copper tones, especially when they serve to enhance a graduated bob.
16. Wedge Hairstyle. Wedge hairstyles are shorter in the back and gradually increase in length towards the front. It’s a lovely hairstyle – that’s also very low-maintenance. If you’re looking for an easier way to manage thick frizzy wavy hair – this hairstyle’s your best bet!
17. Short Blunt Bob with Bangs. Finding the right type of bangs for thick hair may take a little playing around, but most of the time you can’t go wrong with a longer fringe. You can easily push it to the side, which adds nice movement to the hair.
18. Asymmetrical Bob. Feel like going for a chop that’s edgy, trendy and somewhat out of the ordinary? How about this quirky asymmetrical bob?
19. Asymmetrical Bob with Highlights. Another version of a cool, playful bob that looks incredible on thick hair. The contrast of the long highlighted hair and the short dark side is eye-catching!
20. Gorgeous Wispy Pixie Cut. If you’re a fan of softer and smoother layers, opt for a wispy cut similar to this one. It will create gradual changes in length – and a flowing frame around your face.
21. Short Layered Wavy Bob for Thick Hair. For thick frizzy hair that’s on the wavy side, a stylish short layered bob may be just the cut.
22. Glamorous Layered Bob. Are you searching a showy short to medium hairstyle for thick hair? There’s hardly anything chicer than this smooth layered bob we can’t help but love!
23. Long Straight Pixie. The pixie cut is the king of short layered haircuts! Suitable for all ages and face shapes (with the right adaptation), it’s the ultimate hairstyle for those looking to reduce the time it takes to style hair.
24. Cute Short Chop. Looking for a cut that flatters an oval face? There are too many hairstyles that complement this type of bone structure, and a pixie cut is one of the most flattering options! Check out this cut with a feathered and highlighted front – what’s not to love!?
25. Cool Silver. The gray hair trend continues to receive plenty of praise and remains popular worldwide; do we need to tell you why? This gorgeous silver pixie is everything we could ever want from short hair!
26. Feathered Stacked Bob. If this stunning feathered hairstyle doesn’t make you want to chop your hair off, we don’t know what will! It’s glamorous and casual at the same time.
27. Dimensional Bob. A beautiful inverted haircut is a fantastic option for those with naturally wavy locks. Whether you have thick coarse hair, or softer thick hair, this hairstyle will suit both hair types and will be easy to style.
28. Charming Bob for Wavy Thick Hair. Here’s another gorgeous version of the stacked bob – only on a darker, one-tone hair color. It’s one of the most popular short haircuts for thick hair – and that doesn’t surprise us.
29. Ultra-Modern Pixie. Finding a hairstyle that truly reflects your character is a definite bonus. Not only will it make you feel attractive and confident, it will also set an example to others who may be afraid to experiment!
30. Long Textured Pixie. Do you have styling difficulties with your thick coarse hair? Consider a long pixie. You can add texture with a little bit of hair wax – but other than that, it’s simple to style.
31. Beautiful Stacked Bob. Now, isn’t this stacked hairstyle stunning? If you would also like to add incredible shine to your hair, check out these hair serums that work like magic.
32. Long Feathered Pixie. We absolutely love this feathered cut! It’s ultra-feminine – and seriously flattering.
33. Mauve Pixie. If you’re looking for short hairstyles for thick hair but shy away from everything extremely short, then this slightly longer mauve pixie may be an option to consider.
34. Wispy Layered Pixie. Another thing we love about the pixie cut is the unlimited potential for creativity it provides! Take a good look at the beautiful cut below, and tell us, don’t you feel inspired?
35. Textured Bob with Copper Highlights. Why not add a touch of sophistication to your short thick dark hair by incorporating a few copper highlights? They will draw attention but softly – without screaming for it.
36. Silky Smooth Tresses. Sure, having thick hair is enviable. But when your thick hair is silky and smooth, this takes the envy to a completely new level!
37. Sweet and Stylish Balayage. While a balayage on short hair can be a little bit tricky, we think this hairstyle has nailed it! It’s subtle, yet so stylish (it makes us want one!)
38. Bob with Overlapping Layers. It’s eye-catching, trendy and unique. Moreover, it’ll open your eyes to just how manageable your thick hair can be.
39. Fabulous Razored Bob. The color and the cut are elegant and classy, while the longer hair left in the front adds a quirky detail. Razor cutting provides more movement, which is ideal for bringing out waves.
40. Sleek Bob with Dimensional Balayage. The razor cut ends create a sleek and sophisticated feel which is so on-trend right now. A fantastic option for those with long thick hair looking to change it up a bit!
41. Icy Blonde Cut for Thick Hair. Looking for something a little out of the ordinary? Here’s another option for those willing to go for a big chop! The undercut is a unique detail that will make styling faster and more efficient, since the long spiky layers stand out perfectly against it.
42. Super Chic Pixie. We don’t think we’ve seen a hairstyle that combines ‘simple’ and ‘sophisticated’ as perfectly as this one!
43. Matte Silver Bob. There’s nothing we love more than silver locks right now. This matte gray color combined with a chic choppy bob cut easily creates a winning hairstyle!
44. Silky Brunette. Simplicity is key – remember? By choosing a similar hairstyle, you’ll be rocking a short and trendy look, while minimizing your time in front of the mirror!
45. Layered Pixie with Highlights. We simply can’t get enough of pixie cuts – and can you blame us? This gorgeous long pixie is an ideal hairstyle for thick wavy hair.
46. Highlighted Stacked Bob. Thick, straight hair will look fantastic in a stacked bob! Add subtle highlights – and you’ve got the perfect combo of elegance and style.
47. Natural-Looking Pixie. When it comes to pixie haircuts for thick hair, they’re a fail-proof way to make styling of your hair easier. That said, finding a cut that flatters your features and makes you feel confident is key, because you can’t just tie it up into a carefree ponytail if you’re not feeling it.
48. Subtle Copper Highlights. Copper (a combination of red and bronze shades) is one of the most flattering hair colors. Adding a few strands of copper to your dark hair can make your deep color a lot more vibrant!
49. Sophisticated Black Bob. Thick black hair effortlessly creates a sharp look that stands out, especially when it’s a structured and sleek look like this one.
50. Cute Wavy Bob. Last but not least – here’s another version of this super trendy angled cut with layers in the back! Ideal for wavy hair (but will work on straight hair, too – with a decent curler).
So, there you have it – the ultimate list of the best short haircuts for thick hair! There are lots of short length haircuts that look flattering on women with thick hair – from very short hairstyles for the brave – to longer ones for those who would still like to keep some length. We hope that these stunning short hairstyles for thick hair have left you feeling inspired, and full of ideas on what to do with your hair next!